Now is the time to thrive
Parenting Is No Piece Of Cake
Most parents wish their children came with a parenting manual! Each child is unique, and therefore their challenges are unique as well. Let us support you to become a more effective and successful parent by finding a parenting path that works for you.
It’s time to get out of pain and free yourself from negative patterns, learn parenting techniques that work, and establish healing with your partner and within your family.
- Do you feel overwhelmed by the task of parenting?
- Are you worried that relationship conflicts are harmful to your children?
- Are you grappling with issues of giftedness or high intensity in yourself or family?
- Do you feel discouraged and wonder what went wrong?
- Are you children or teens taxing you beyond your comfort zone?
Parent Support Can Help
- Forge healthy and satisfying relationships
- Flourish within to your intensities
- Gain effective parenting skills that fit your family’s needs
Build Up Your Strengths And Develop New Ones
Everyone feels challenged by parenting at times. Parenting support counseling can help you feel:
- Better able to utilize your strengths in parenting, without becoming overwhelmed
- Successful within your family, as you unite with your partner in parenting
- More comfortable communicating with your co-parent
- A new confidence, as you use parenting techniques that actually work for your family
Parenting A Neurodivergent Child
If you are parenting a neurodivergent or highly sensitive child, there are likely additional parental challenges that you face. You do not need to suffer in order to have healthy family relationships, even if your family is very intense. There is hope. We specialize in parenting support for neurodivergent and highly sensitive families.
With our experience and training and your commitment to change, as a team we figure out your needs and discover what is stopping you from being the successful parents you want to be.
New or Expecting Parents: A Big Transition
The transition into parenthood can be exciting, scary, stressful and rewarding—no matter if you are conceiving or adopting a child. As wondrous and powerful as it can be, there are many adjustments that co-occur with growing a family. Your sleep patterns will change, your hormones could be out of balance, your habits will be disrupted (including how you relax or cope), your ability for spontaneity diminishes, sex and intimacy become different, and what you can control changes as well. However, it dose not have to mean a change for the worse.
To be best prepared, you can improve your communication skills and ability to management your emotional reactivity, so that you are more effective partners in parenting, as well as in your relationship.
Whether you are confident, or whether you are experiencing stress, sadness, anxiety, loss, anger and/or confusion related to your transition into parenting, we can help you with:
- Self-Care Plans
- Postpartum Depression Assessment
- Reducing Isolation
- Reducing Perfectionist Thoughts about Parenting
- Reducing Anxiety and Depression
- Improving Self-Esteem
- Parenting Tips and Child
- Development Information
- Couples therapy that focuses on transition, communication and empathy for you and your partner
- Family therapy with your parents, extended family, and/or other children
Find A Therapist