Now is the time to thrive
What To Expect
It’s time. Are you ready to take your first step in connecting with someone at TheraThrive?
Our goal is to help you feel comfortable, understood, and heard. Let’s take the journey together and work towards your goals.
5 steps For Getting Started with Therapy
We offer a free 15 minute phone consultation, and so we will likely start off talking on the phone.
During our initial call, we learn about your needs and determine ways we can help. We will describe the services we provide, our strengths, our specializations and our expertise. Sometimes people prefer to initially connect with us via email, and that’s okay too.
We will also do our best to answer any questions you may have.
You choose a time and date for our first meeting together. Our first meeting may be online or at one of our offices in Lafayette, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) or in Toluca Lake, CA (Burbank/Los Angeles Area). We offer therapy, assessment services, consultation online and in-office, and we provide single sessions online, in case you only want to meet only once.
You will receive a Welcome Email that invites you to login to our secure client portal. When you login to our portal for the first time, you will be brought to your initial paperwork. We ask that you complete your documentation prior to your first meeting, if that is possible.
We have our first meeting!
What To Expect During The First Therapy Session
- We review your the documentaiton you completed online via our client portal
- Confidentiality is discussed
- You share your story and background information
- We begin to discuss goals
- If we are working with a child, our first session might be a parent meeting (parents only), or half parent meeting and half child therapy, or sometimes we will start out with a family meeting
- Each person is unique, and we will tailor our services to fit your needs.
The Second Therapy Session
- After the initial documentaiton is taken care of, assessment and history are complete, and therapy goals and plan are established, therapy will commence
- We continue to hear your story
- We learn more about your history
- We discuss goals
- We get to know you better and discover more about you, and your particular strengths and challenges
- You will likely share more about any problems or what you want changed or improved
- If we are working with a child, we might begin the process of play therapy, sand tray work and/or art therapy
Future Sessions: A Solid Plan
- It can take between one and three sessions for us both to determine if we are a good therapeutic fit
- By the third or fourth session, a treatment plan is usually developed
- A treatment plan delineates therapy goals, and specifies how we will recognize when those goals are reached
- We will review our goals, game plan and progress at regular intervals
- You can always add, remove or change your goals
Our wish is for you to meet your goals and complete your counseling. We want you to thrive.
Getting Started With Assessment
Find A Therapist